Book - You Wouldn't Want to Live Without Coding
Without coding, all the computers in the world would just be useless boxes of plastic and metal. You could feed information into them, but they wouldn't know what to do with it. Coding means creating a set of instructions (or algorithms) that tells a computer how to perform a task. Another word for coding is "programming." Learn about how much we rely on coding in our daily lives to control things such as smartphones and laptops, kitchen appliances, weather forecasts, traffic lights, heating systems, elevators, cars, and the greenhouses where our food is grown.
Key Features :
- Full-color cartoon-style illustrations make this book fun and attractive to reluctant readers
- A simple timeline provides an easily understood history of the subject
- Top Tips offer helpful advice on what you should do or shouldn't do in tricky situations.
- How It Works callouts explain the science behind the technology
- You Can Do It! Callouts describe a simple, safe experiment, or action you can take to help make the world a better place to live
- 32 pages