Book - You Wouldn't Want to Live Without Libraries!
For 5,000 years and more, libraries have been gathering and preserving writings of all kinds. They're keepers of the world's memory. They're storehouses of knowledge, and imagination, and fun. Learn about how these places and their collections of written words allow us to check our facts, find important information, share stories, beliefs and ideas, build communities, make things, and learn valuable life skills.
Key Features :
- Full-color cartoon-style illustrations make this book fun and attractive to reluctant readers
- A simple timeline provides an easily understood history of the subject
- Top Tips offer helpful advice on what you should do or shouldn't do in tricky situations.
- How It Works callouts explain the science behind the technology
- You Can Do It! Callouts describe a simple, safe experiment, or action you can take to help make the world a better place to live
- 32 pages